October 24, 2007

Poffins Poffins® Traditional Pet Coffins


As somebody who has his puffy, spastic face pushed firmly against the shop window of entrepreneurship, it always makes me glow with radioactive pleasure whenever I see a business doing well.

A couple of years ago my good friend Jack Thorpe enlightened me to The Poffin - the number one way to bury your pet in style.

This is something I could have used many years ago during my goldfish owning days, although in retrospect I think the hand-crafted mahogany might have got wedged in the toilet pipe after a vigorous flush.

Obviously the pet-owning public have openly embraced the Poffin, because the product line is expanding and I was extremely excited to learn about the new DNA Necklace.

According to the site - and I quote - "Our links with an international bio tech company allows us to use the technology that now exists to produce a stunning, platinum coated, pure Stirling silver pendant that contains a visible sample of your pets DNA suspended in a coloured liquid.

The sample DNA is taken by means of a simple mouth swab (we will send you the brush to do this)."

If I was a pet owner I can't really imagine that wiping away the tears just long enough to shove a cue tip into the slack jawed mouth of Thumper The Albino would be a very uplifting experience, but maybe that's why I'm animal-less.


But the idea of preserving DNA and genes in a necklace is pretty interesting. It sounds like a scene from Jurassic Park, only this time everything goes ballistic when somebody drops a tray of jewelery in Zales.

Cryonics is dead. When I go, I want my remains preserved in a his and hers sovereign ring wedged beneath a headstone of topaz and rubies. That's pure class.



Blogged with Flock

No comments: